A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
It’s twelve months since we received the hugely prestigious accolade of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise and Innovation and business continues to boom.
Our products are now stocked by Boots, Lloyds Pharmacy and Amazon, sales have grown by around 20% across the whole company, new product lines have been introduced and staff numbers have increased.
“We have Bloccs’ distributors in countries as far afield as Australia, New Zealand and the US and are delighted with the feedback, engagement and sales volume we’re getting,” said PDM Director Kate Richards. “As well as our adult and child-sized limb protectors, we now manufacture watertight covers for the PICC lines that are used to administer chemotherapy and other medicines just above the elbow.
“Research and development is an important part of our business as we are specialists in rubber manufacturing and are always looking at creating bespoke rubber solutions for our customers. We’ve worked with a range of industries over the last fifty years and continue to do so but Bloccs is our first consumer product. We’re particularly proud that, as watertight, re-usable cast and wound protectors, they’re being credited by parents around the world with saving school holidays because children with broken arms and legs can still swim, shower and bathe. We’re also proud of our ‘Thank a Hospital’ campaign which encourages people who have recently used their services to express their gratitude publicly.”
Supported by advice and guidance from Business West and the Government’s Exporting is Great initiative, we’ve been taking part in international tradeshows.
“We’ve been to the Medica show in Germany and Arab Health in Dubai,” said Business Development Consultant Hannah Prickett. “Both events proved very worthwhile, with some excellent leads generated and ongoing relationships established.”
With more large-scale retail outlets in the sales pipeline, our directors are predicting another profitable year ahead.
“Winning the Queen’s Award was just the start,” said Kate Richards. “This is a very exciting time for our team and company.”
Previous news story | Next news story
Not only was it ideal for showering but it allowed my son to get in the water and enjoy the holiday.
Perfect for making friends at the pool, on the beach or indeed anywhere!
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- Bloccs saves the holiday
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!