We’ve been presented with our second Queen’s Award
After first winning in the Queen’s Award Innovation category in 2016, we’re thrilled to have won the same accolade in the export category for impressive year on year growth in international sales.
Edward Gillespie OBE toured our factory in Stover Trading Estate before making the presentation on behalf of the Queen and meeting staff.
“You’re winning these awards because you’re obviously excellent at what you do,” he told our team, before reading the royal proclamation. “I’m delighted to congratulate each and every one of you.”
The Bloccs’ product range includes re-usable arm, leg and elbow protectors. Snug-fitting and comfortable, the covers allow patients with a cast or dressing to swim, bathe and shower normally – making them an especially big hit with families going on holiday. A knee protector is also being launched later this month.
“We still can’t quite believe we’ve won two of these awards in such a short time,” said Director Kate Richards. “Sales have dramatically increased over the last three years and we’re really pleased with the feedback we’re getting on a daily basis from customers and medical professionals. It makes a lot of hard work feel very worthwhile.”
The Lord Lieutenant and his deputy Major John Eyre stayed for a celebratory buffet lunch, during which our specially-made Queen’s Award cake was cut and served.
Previous news story | Next news story
- Bloccs are ‘fantastic’ for clubfoot cuties
- We're delighted to be internationally recognised!
- Enjoying a holiday in the UK this summer
- New year promotions for Hannah and Bev
- Special delivery
- Gina joins the Bloccs’ team on marketing internship
- Another fantastic year at The Pharmacy Show
- Bloccs demonstration held at UK Aquatic Therapy Conference
- We’re exhibiting at The Pharmacy Show
- We’ve been presented with our second Queen’s Award
- We exhibited at the Australian Institute of Orthopaedic Technologists Conference
- Don’t let a break spoil a break! Top tips for saving your family holiday…
- Our second visit to Buckingham Palace
- Look out for us at the American Orthopaedic Association meeting
- We’re going to the RCN congress
- We’ve won a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise!
- Bloccs proves perfect for Brae
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia