Paralympian back in the swim of things
If there’s one thing that’s guaranteed to knock an athlete out of training it’s a broken bone, so we were delighted to hear how Bloccs had helped injured Paralympic swimming hopeful Maisie Summers-Newton recover from a fractured arm.
Maisie, 14, has a restricted growth condition known as Achondroplasia and is on British Swimming’s World Class Podium Potential Programme.
With a plaster cast fitted to her arm, doctors advised Maisie to keep out of the pool for fear of getting her cast soggy.
Instead of throwing in the towel, her Grandfather Jeff, ordered a Bloccs protector.
“With five weeks left before the country championships, Maisie could continue her daily two hour training sessions in the pool and maintain her fitness,” explained Jeff.
“Maisie’s cast was removed just before the big swimming meet, and she went on to rack up a series of personal best times.”
Maisie’s arm is now fully recovered and she has her sights fixed on medal success at April’s British Para-Swimming International Meet in Glasgow. After that, it’s full steam ahead to make Team GB at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
Previous news story | Next news story
- Our second visit to Buckingham Palace
- Look out for us at the American Orthopaedic Association meeting
- We’re going to the RCN congress
- We’ve won a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise!
- Bloccs proves perfect for Brae
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- Bloccs saves the holiday
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!