Not long now until our royal visit!
To say we’re excited is an understatement! On Wednesday 26 October, HRH The Duke of Kent is coming to meet us, see what we do, look at our Bloccs products and present us with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise and Innovation.
It’s just three years since we first launched our Bloccs waterproof arm and leg protectors for plaster casts and dressings. As Precision Dippings Manufacturing we’ve spent more than fifty years making bespoke dipped rubber products for a range of companies in the UK and around the world. Bloccs is our first consumer product and we’re absolutely thrilled with its success.
How did it all come about? One of our directors’ children was injured, needed a plaster cast but also wanted to swim and bath normally. We used our company expertise to help and that led to thinking about how to develop the concept commercially. If we could create something for one child, why not hundreds and why not adults too? Extensive research, learning curves and hard work followed. The result was Bloccs, national and international retail contracts and, the ultimate accolade, our Queen’s Anniversary prize.
So what will happen on Wednesday? The Duke arrives in the morning and, after touring the factory, will present us with the Queen’s Award bowl. That will be followed by hoisting up the official Queen’s Award flag on our flagpole. To have come so far in just three years is amazing and we’re pretty sure there won’t be a dry eye in the building.
Previous news story | Next news story
Not only was it ideal for showering but it allowed my son to get in the water and enjoy the holiday.
Perfect for making friends at the pool, on the beach or indeed anywhere!
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- Bloccs saves the holiday
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!
- Congratulations to kayaker Lachlan Bassett
- Introducing Jade
- Bloccs in the press
- Meeting Her Majesty!
- Busy summer forecast
- Press release: A summer suitcase essential for kids with plaster casts
- Our photo and video competition's back!
- An invitation from The Queen!
- Bloccs helps kayaker paddle to glory