New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
Designed to keep a dressing, cast or PICC line dry whilst having a shower or bath, the re-usable adult and children’s covers are easily stretched over the elbow area to create a waterproof seal. They are the latest addition to our Bloccs’ range which last year won a highly prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise and Innovation and are now being sold globally. Other Bloccs’ products include leg and arm protectors in a variety of sizes.
Our parent company, Precision Dippings Manufacturing (PDM), gained a fifty-year-old reputation for their specialist expertise as manufacturers of bespoke rubber-dipped items, with their medical device development team working with clients to produce prototype tooling, customised equipment and components suitable for either low or high-volume production. Materials used include natural rubber and synthetic and versatile alternatives such as polyisoprene latex, (isoprene latex) and polychloroprene latex.
General Manager Chris Prickett was on our stand at the show in Hall 16, as part of the Association of British Healthcare Industries’ UK Pavilion, to talk about the services and products PDM and Bloccs provide.
“Medica is the biggest and best event of its kind in Europe and an excellent opportunity to raise awareness of our services and products,” said Director Kate Richards. “We sell our Bloccs’ range through distributors and direct to consumers but it’s very important that those working in the medical industry are aware of the covers and their usefulness in keeping plaster casts, dressings and PICC lines dry. Talking to those in the field also helps us identify new product needs that can then be researched and developed at our factory near Bristol.”
Previous news story | Next news story
- Bloccs proves perfect for Brae
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- Bloccs saves the holiday
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!