Bloccs win royal approval
We have some fantastic news to share – we have won a Queen’s Award!
Precision Dippings Manufacturing, the company behind the design and making of Bloccs, has been recognised for outstanding results in innovation and won a 2016 Queen’s Award for Enterprise – the UK’s highest accolade for business success.
The award recognises our Bristol-based family-run company’s success in the field of innovation, following the development of Bloccs waterproof protectors.
When fitted with a plaster cast, patients are advised to keep their casts completely dry, to avoid the risk of them getting wet and falling apart, or worse, cause an infection.
Bloccs keep injuries bone dry by slipping over an injured arm or leg like a glove or stocking. Their rubber seals combine the technology Precision Dippings originally used to put the stretch into the iconic Stretch Armstrong toy in the 1970s, with the watertight wrist, ankle and neck seals that today, is used by the company to supply drysuit manufacturers across the world.
Our co-director Kate Richards explains more:
“Bloccs are popular with injured children who want to swim on their summer holidays, side-lined athletes who need a speedier rehabilitation by doing non-weight bearing exercise in water, and anyone who wants to bathe or shower independently in spite of a wound.
“It’s the first consumer product we’ve taken to market since Precision Dippings started in 1964, so we’re incredibly proud.”
Kate added that the product’s growth had exceeded all expectations and the Queen’s Award could provide a springboard for further success.
“We won’t stop until we’ve condemned the plaster cast and dressing wrapped in carrier bags to the history books.”
The team at Precision Dippings will receive its award from the Queen this summer, at a Buckingham Palace hosted reception.
Previous news story | Next news story
Not only was it ideal for showering but it allowed my son to get in the water and enjoy the holiday.
Perfect for making friends at the pool, on the beach or indeed anywhere!
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- Bloccs saves the holiday
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!
- Congratulations to kayaker Lachlan Bassett
- Introducing Jade
- Bloccs in the press
- Meeting Her Majesty!
- Busy summer forecast
- Press release: A summer suitcase essential for kids with plaster casts
- Our photo and video competition's back!
- An invitation from The Queen!
- Bloccs helps kayaker paddle to glory