Bloccs helps kayaker paddle to glory
THE technology that makes Bloccs protectors waterproof comes from our expertise in making wrist, ankle and neck seals for dry suit manufacturers all over the world.
So, when we were asked to sponsor a young kayaker who uses them daily, we jumped in head-first.
Next month Lachlan Bassett, 16, will represent the Australian Junior Kayak Team at the ICF Junior World Championships in Poland, where he’ll be hoping to paddle to glory with the Bloccs logo emblazoned on his racing equipment.
We’re proud to be able to lend our support and give our unique seal of approval, to a young sportsman who uses our watertight technology in the most extreme of environments.
“It’s great to have a sponsor that understands my sport and is as passionate as I am about keeping dry,” said Lachlan, who has only been kayaking since he was 13.
Lachlan participates a variety of kayaking disciplines, but his passion lies in C1 racing. Success depends on an athlete’s ability to pass over waves, holes and riverbed rocks while racing down white-water courses sometimes up to five miles long.
Lachlan, whose mother is a distributor of Bloccs protectors in Australia, added:
“You have to be super fit and it can be dangerous, but hopefully I won’t need a Bloccs protector any time soon.
“When I was a little younger I tried lot of safer sports, but when I was introduced to paddling I was hooked.
“I now train six days a week – or seven if my parents let me!
“The hard work has definitely paid off, and I hope to do my country, and Bloccs, proud when I compete in Europe next month.”
Previous news story | Next news story
Not only was it ideal for showering but it allowed my son to get in the water and enjoy the holiday.
Perfect for making friends at the pool, on the beach or indeed anywhere!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!
- Congratulations to kayaker Lachlan Bassett
- Introducing Jade
- Bloccs in the press
- Meeting Her Majesty!
- Busy summer forecast
- Press release: A summer suitcase essential for kids with plaster casts
- Our photo and video competition's back!
- An invitation from The Queen!
- Bloccs helps kayaker paddle to glory
- Bloccs gets showjumper back on the saddle sooner
- Bloccs win royal approval
- Paralympian back in the swim of things
- A recommendation for injured cyclists
- Have you received a card?
- Fantastic family reviews!
- Hi from Medica!
- European swimming medal winners
- Medical suppliers - visit us in Germany!
- Fracture Clinic Information
- boots.com Deal Story
- Photo Caption Competition
- More Demos
- Bone Voyage In Bath
- An Exciting End To The Year
- Made In The South West Winner 2014
- Bloccs, camera, ACTION!
- Bloccs at Rehacare International 2014
- Bloccs Wins Business Award