Bloccs helps kayaker paddle to glory
THE technology that makes Bloccs protectors waterproof comes from our expertise in making wrist, ankle and neck seals for dry suit manufacturers all over the world.
So, when we were asked to sponsor a young kayaker who uses them daily, we jumped in head-first.
Next month Lachlan Bassett, 16, will represent the Australian Junior Kayak Team at the ICF Junior World Championships in Poland, where he’ll be hoping to paddle to glory with the Bloccs logo emblazoned on his racing equipment.
We’re proud to be able to lend our support and give our unique seal of approval, to a young sportsman who uses our watertight technology in the most extreme of environments.
“It’s great to have a sponsor that understands my sport and is as passionate as I am about keeping dry,” said Lachlan, who has only been kayaking since he was 13.
Lachlan participates a variety of kayaking disciplines, but his passion lies in C1 racing. Success depends on an athlete’s ability to pass over waves, holes and riverbed rocks while racing down white-water courses sometimes up to five miles long.
Lachlan, whose mother is a distributor of Bloccs protectors in Australia, added:
“You have to be super fit and it can be dangerous, but hopefully I won’t need a Bloccs protector any time soon.
“When I was a little younger I tried lot of safer sports, but when I was introduced to paddling I was hooked.
“I now train six days a week – or seven if my parents let me!
“The hard work has definitely paid off, and I hope to do my country, and Bloccs, proud when I compete in Europe next month.”
Previous news story | Next news story
Not only was it ideal for showering but it allowed my son to get in the water and enjoy the holiday.
Perfect for making friends at the pool, on the beach or indeed anywhere!
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- Bloccs saves the holiday
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!