Bloccs gets showjumper back on the saddle sooner
Showjumper Danielle Hughes feared her hobby and forthcoming beach break would be scuppered when she broke her arm
Emergency call dispatcher Danielle Hughes just about finds time for showjumping in between long shifts for North Wales Police, but when she broke her arm she feared her hobby and forthcoming beach break would be scuppered.
Washing and caring for her three horses (11-year-old Sly Go, 14-year-old Vampire III and six-year-old DH Ricochet) was virtually impossible while fitted with a plaster cast – let alone swimming in the pool while on her only holiday of the year.
Unfortunately, injuries come with the territory in the world of showjumping. “I’ve broken too many limbs to remember,” says Danielle. So stumbling across the Bloccs website before jetting off on holiday proved a godsend for her beach break, as well as her hobby.
“My Bloccs arm protector absolutely saved my summer holiday,” explains Danielle, 26.
“And all the swimming it enabled me to do helped to speed up my rehabilitation so I could get back on the saddle sooner.
“My cover even came in handy when I returned from my holiday and had to wash down my horses.
“Thankfully I’m now injury free and my horses are winning left right and centre.
“Showjumping is my passion, so I can’t thank Bloccs enough.”
Subject to keeping herself on the saddle, Danielle is now aiming to take Sly Go and Vampire III to the Bronze League Final at the Horse of the Year Show, the International Series at Scope Festival and the National Amateur Championships.
Previous news story | Next news story
Not only was it ideal for showering but it allowed my son to get in the water and enjoy the holiday.
Perfect for making friends at the pool, on the beach or indeed anywhere!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!
- Congratulations to kayaker Lachlan Bassett
- Introducing Jade
- Bloccs in the press
- Meeting Her Majesty!
- Busy summer forecast
- Press release: A summer suitcase essential for kids with plaster casts
- Our photo and video competition's back!
- An invitation from The Queen!
- Bloccs helps kayaker paddle to glory
- Bloccs gets showjumper back on the saddle sooner
- Bloccs win royal approval
- Paralympian back in the swim of things
- A recommendation for injured cyclists
- Have you received a card?
- Fantastic family reviews!
- Hi from Medica!
- European swimming medal winners
- Medical suppliers - visit us in Germany!
- Fracture Clinic Information
- boots.com Deal Story
- Photo Caption Competition
- More Demos
- Bone Voyage In Bath
- An Exciting End To The Year
- Made In The South West Winner 2014
- Bloccs, camera, ACTION!
- Bloccs at Rehacare International 2014
- Bloccs Wins Business Award