Bloccs gets showjumper back on the saddle sooner
Showjumper Danielle Hughes feared her hobby and forthcoming beach break would be scuppered when she broke her arm
Emergency call dispatcher Danielle Hughes just about finds time for showjumping in between long shifts for North Wales Police, but when she broke her arm she feared her hobby and forthcoming beach break would be scuppered.
Washing and caring for her three horses (11-year-old Sly Go, 14-year-old Vampire III and six-year-old DH Ricochet) was virtually impossible while fitted with a plaster cast – let alone swimming in the pool while on her only holiday of the year.
Unfortunately, injuries come with the territory in the world of showjumping. “I’ve broken too many limbs to remember,” says Danielle. So stumbling across the Bloccs website before jetting off on holiday proved a godsend for her beach break, as well as her hobby.
“My Bloccs arm protector absolutely saved my summer holiday,” explains Danielle, 26.
“And all the swimming it enabled me to do helped to speed up my rehabilitation so I could get back on the saddle sooner.
“My cover even came in handy when I returned from my holiday and had to wash down my horses.
“Thankfully I’m now injury free and my horses are winning left right and centre.
“Showjumping is my passion, so I can’t thank Bloccs enough.”
Subject to keeping herself on the saddle, Danielle is now aiming to take Sly Go and Vampire III to the Bronze League Final at the Horse of the Year Show, the International Series at Scope Festival and the National Amateur Championships.
Previous news story | Next news story
Not only was it ideal for showering but it allowed my son to get in the water and enjoy the holiday.
Perfect for making friends at the pool, on the beach or indeed anywhere!
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- Bloccs saves the holiday
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!
- Congratulations to kayaker Lachlan Bassett