Bloccs gets showjumper back on the saddle sooner
Showjumper Danielle Hughes feared her hobby and forthcoming beach break would be scuppered when she broke her arm
Emergency call dispatcher Danielle Hughes just about finds time for showjumping in between long shifts for North Wales Police, but when she broke her arm she feared her hobby and forthcoming beach break would be scuppered.
Washing and caring for her three horses (11-year-old Sly Go, 14-year-old Vampire III and six-year-old DH Ricochet) was virtually impossible while fitted with a plaster cast – let alone swimming in the pool while on her only holiday of the year.
Unfortunately, injuries come with the territory in the world of showjumping. “I’ve broken too many limbs to remember,” says Danielle. So stumbling across the Bloccs website before jetting off on holiday proved a godsend for her beach break, as well as her hobby.
“My Bloccs arm protector absolutely saved my summer holiday,” explains Danielle, 26.
“And all the swimming it enabled me to do helped to speed up my rehabilitation so I could get back on the saddle sooner.
“My cover even came in handy when I returned from my holiday and had to wash down my horses.
“Thankfully I’m now injury free and my horses are winning left right and centre.
“Showjumping is my passion, so I can’t thank Bloccs enough.”
Subject to keeping herself on the saddle, Danielle is now aiming to take Sly Go and Vampire III to the Bronze League Final at the Horse of the Year Show, the International Series at Scope Festival and the National Amateur Championships.
Previous news story | Next news story
- We're delighted to be internationally recognised!
- Enjoying a holiday in the UK this summer
- New year promotions for Hannah and Bev
- Special delivery
- Gina joins the Bloccs’ team on marketing internship
- Another fantastic year at The Pharmacy Show
- Bloccs demonstration held at UK Aquatic Therapy Conference
- We’re exhibiting at The Pharmacy Show
- We’ve been presented with our second Queen’s Award
- We exhibited at the Australian Institute of Orthopaedic Technologists Conference
- Don’t let a break spoil a break! Top tips for saving your family holiday…
- Our second visit to Buckingham Palace
- Look out for us at the American Orthopaedic Association meeting
- We’re going to the RCN congress
- We’ve won a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise!
- Bloccs proves perfect for Brae
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia