Bloccs demonstration held at UK Aquatic Therapy Conference
We recently attended the UK Aquatic Therapy’s ‘Wave of Research Leading the Way Forward’ conference which celebrated the Aquatic Therapy Association of Chartered Physiotherapists’ (ATACP) 30th anniversary.
Run over two days, the conference was organised by Aquatic Therapy Clinical Specialist and Accredited ATACP Tutor, Sarah Wratten and included national and international speakers from the USA, Australia, Finland and Ireland who shared the most current aquatic therapy research evidence to direct clinical practice.
The topics covered included physiology of immersion related to the brain and vascular system, exercise prescription for type of strengthening and body tissue, aquatic exercise for Parkinson’s disease and more.
Alongside our exhibition stand and the delegate bags we gave to attendees on registration, we were thrilled that our elbow cover was also demonstrated by ATACP Assistant Research Officer, Oliver Krouwel as part of the practical aquatic therapy demonstrations in the outdoor heated pool.
“We received a lot of positive feedback during the conference which was fantastic,” said Business Development Consultant, Hannah Prickett. “The elbow cover demonstrations allowed delegates to really see the benefits of our unique range of products for those suffering from an injury. We want to make medical professionals aware of Bloccs – and this provided an excellent opportunity for them to see one of our products in action”.
In the last three years, we have increased exports substantially to countries that include the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, the Netherlands, France and Sweden. Receiving royal recognition for our global sales, we were delighted to win a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise – this time for International Trade.
Created for legs, arms, elbows and knees, Bloccs cast covers are suitable for adults and children and have been specifically designed to be comfortable, re-usable and above all, watertight. This allows patients with a cast or dressing to swim, bathe and shower normally. Our Bloccs’ products are now available on prescription in the UK.
Previous news story | Next news story
- New year promotions for Hannah and Bev
- Special delivery
- Gina joins the Bloccs’ team on marketing internship
- Another fantastic year at The Pharmacy Show
- Bloccs demonstration held at UK Aquatic Therapy Conference
- We’re exhibiting at The Pharmacy Show
- We’ve been presented with our second Queen’s Award
- We exhibited at the Australian Institute of Orthopaedic Technologists Conference
- Don’t let a break spoil a break! Top tips for saving your family holiday…
- Our second visit to Buckingham Palace
- Look out for us at the American Orthopaedic Association meeting
- We’re going to the RCN congress
- We’ve won a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise!
- Bloccs proves perfect for Brae
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation