An unusual donation
When emergency nurse practitioner Judith Barry borrowed a three-dimensional anatomical model for a training session at Chard Minor Injuries Unit, she realised just how useful a teaching aid it was.
Some very senior staff had recently retired from the unit and a lot of students were coming through so, rather than continuing to rely on diagrams, Judith decided to try and get some hand and foot models of their own.
“They’re an excellent way of explaining the impact of an injury and how to treat it, not only from our team’s point of view but also for patients,” said Judith. “They’re not cheap, though, so I decided to get in touch with Precision Dippings Manufacturing, the company that produces Bloccs waterproof wound and cast protectors, to see if they could help.”
Our Business Development Consultant Hannah Prickett was only too happy to oblige.
“We do a lot of work with hospitals and run a monthly competition encouraging patients to publicly thank the nurses and medics who have looked after them,” she said. “When Judith got in touch, we arranged to donate two models.”
Hannah visited Chard MIU to present them to Judith and her team.
“We’re delighted and excited that we can now start using them,” said Judith. “I know how good the Bloccs range is from the reports I get from patients but this is a very generous donation and we really are very grateful.”
Previous news story | Next news story
- New year promotions for Hannah and Bev
- Special delivery
- Gina joins the Bloccs’ team on marketing internship
- Another fantastic year at The Pharmacy Show
- Bloccs demonstration held at UK Aquatic Therapy Conference
- We’re exhibiting at The Pharmacy Show
- We’ve been presented with our second Queen’s Award
- We exhibited at the Australian Institute of Orthopaedic Technologists Conference
- Don’t let a break spoil a break! Top tips for saving your family holiday…
- Our second visit to Buckingham Palace
- Look out for us at the American Orthopaedic Association meeting
- We’re going to the RCN congress
- We’ve won a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise!
- Bloccs proves perfect for Brae
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation