An Exciting End To The Year
While many businesses were wrapping up operations for the festive season, December provided a busy time for the Precision Dippings team. Plans for the install of our new robotic plant; running final production orders; and receiving a shortlisting for an export trade opportunity all made for a lively end to the year!
In March this year, The Guardian’s Small Business Network and UPS will be taking 10 UK businesses to the US, on a business trip designed for companies looking to export to new markets.
Our application, for exporting our waterproof cast protectors (Bloccs) resulted in us making the shortlist of 20 – amongst impressive competition – for the final judging stage: a rapid-fire pitch at The Guardian’s offices, to a distinguished panel of business leaders.
More than 170 UK businesses applied for this opportunity, making this a particularly exciting announcement. Our general manager Chris Prickett spent an exhilerating day at the national newspaper’s offices earlier this month, joining fellow UK business owners and representatives, in demonstrating the design and innovation behind their products.
We were in good company – the competition for this business trip of a lifetime was at an extremely high level. Chris and our waterproof cast protectors received excellent feedback from the judge, but sadly, we weren’t selected for the final trip this time.
But, the experience was extremely positive, leaving us with a taste for more of the same! Watch this space…
Read more about the competition, the shortlist and the judges on The Guardian’s Small Business Trade Mission. http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/trade-mission/2014/dec/17/small-business-trade-mission-shortlist-revealed
Previous news story | Next news story
- Enjoying a holiday in the UK this summer
- New year promotions for Hannah and Bev
- Special delivery
- Gina joins the Bloccs’ team on marketing internship
- Another fantastic year at The Pharmacy Show
- Bloccs demonstration held at UK Aquatic Therapy Conference
- We’re exhibiting at The Pharmacy Show
- We’ve been presented with our second Queen’s Award
- We exhibited at the Australian Institute of Orthopaedic Technologists Conference
- Don’t let a break spoil a break! Top tips for saving your family holiday…
- Our second visit to Buckingham Palace
- Look out for us at the American Orthopaedic Association meeting
- We’re going to the RCN congress
- We’ve won a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise!
- Bloccs proves perfect for Brae
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation