An Exciting End To The Year
While many businesses were wrapping up operations for the festive season, December provided a busy time for the Precision Dippings team. Plans for the install of our new robotic plant; running final production orders; and receiving a shortlisting for an export trade opportunity all made for a lively end to the year!
In March this year, The Guardian’s Small Business Network and UPS will be taking 10 UK businesses to the US, on a business trip designed for companies looking to export to new markets.
Our application, for exporting our waterproof cast protectors (Bloccs) resulted in us making the shortlist of 20 – amongst impressive competition – for the final judging stage: a rapid-fire pitch at The Guardian’s offices, to a distinguished panel of business leaders.
More than 170 UK businesses applied for this opportunity, making this a particularly exciting announcement. Our general manager Chris Prickett spent an exhilerating day at the national newspaper’s offices earlier this month, joining fellow UK business owners and representatives, in demonstrating the design and innovation behind their products.
We were in good company – the competition for this business trip of a lifetime was at an extremely high level. Chris and our waterproof cast protectors received excellent feedback from the judge, but sadly, we weren’t selected for the final trip this time.
But, the experience was extremely positive, leaving us with a taste for more of the same! Watch this space…
Read more about the competition, the shortlist and the judges on The Guardian’s Small Business Trade Mission. http://www.theguardian.com/small-business-network/trade-mission/2014/dec/17/small-business-trade-mission-shortlist-revealed
Previous news story | Next news story
Not only was it ideal for showering but it allowed my son to get in the water and enjoy the holiday.
Perfect for making friends at the pool, on the beach or indeed anywhere!
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!
- Congratulations to kayaker Lachlan Bassett
- Introducing Jade
- Bloccs in the press
- Meeting Her Majesty!
- Busy summer forecast
- Press release: A summer suitcase essential for kids with plaster casts
- Our photo and video competition's back!
- An invitation from The Queen!
- Bloccs helps kayaker paddle to glory
- Bloccs gets showjumper back on the saddle sooner
- Bloccs win royal approval
- Paralympian back in the swim of things
- A recommendation for injured cyclists
- Have you received a card?
- Fantastic family reviews!
- Hi from Medica!
- European swimming medal winners
- Medical suppliers - visit us in Germany!
- Fracture Clinic Information
- boots.com Deal Story
- Photo Caption Competition
- More Demos
- Bone Voyage In Bath
- An Exciting End To The Year
- Made In The South West Winner 2014
- Bloccs, camera, ACTION!
- Bloccs at Rehacare International 2014
- Bloccs Wins Business Award