A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
We’re delighted to introduce Gemma Collings – a triathlete who is busy preparing for next season.
Gemma began her triathlon career four years ago, coming from a running background and completing eight marathons, numerous half marathons and other on and off road races.
She’s a keen member of Chippenham Triathlon, Chippenham Harriers and Chippenham Wheelers and competes at all distances – from sprint right up to full distance, although she tells us standard and middle distances are her preference.
Gemma competes in the 45-49 age group and last year qualified for the European’s at standard distance, which are being held in Kitzbhuel next June. She also enjoyed a podium finish at Wimberball 70.3 in July. She’s looking forward to racing Dubai 70.3 in January next year and Alpe d’Huez in July – amongst plenty of other races. The triathlon season begins again in May.
As is often the way in sport, Gemma’s suffered some nasty injuries – breaking a shoulder after coming off her bike mid-way through the Iron Man UK course, and sustaining an injury to her arm which needed stitches – which frustratingly happened just weeks before a race.
Gemma explains: “I wish I’d known of Bloccs and their products earlier, I would have benefitted tremendously during my recovery.” She adds, “my son recently broke his ankle in two places – resulting in plaster up to his knee. The leg cover is invaluable and makes life much easier. The products are very exciting!”
When Gemma has time, she also enjoys coaching – being an athletics coach and leader in running fitness. Training takes priority though, especially with qualifying races coming up next year.
We’re looking forward to following Gemma’s progress and supporting her where we can. We wish her every success for the 2017 triathlon season!
Previous news story | Next news story
Not only was it ideal for showering but it allowed my son to get in the water and enjoy the holiday.
Perfect for making friends at the pool, on the beach or indeed anywhere!
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- Bloccs saves the holiday
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!