A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
HRH The Duke of Kent visited our offices and factory last week, to present us with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Innovation – described as an ‘Oscar’ of the business world by the Lord Lieutenant of Gloucestershire Dame Janet Trotter.
Precision Dippings Manufacturing (PDM) is a family-run company, first established fifty years ago, that specialises in bespoke rubber dipped products for a range of national and international clients. When one of our directors’ children ended up with a plaster cast, the idea of using the company’s expertise to create a waterproof cover that allowed the child to swim and bathe was born. Years of intense research and development followed – resulting in Bloccs, PDM’s first consumer product, being launched in 2013. Already a market leader in dressing protection for both children and adults, we’ve now received the ultimate accolade of a Queen’s Award.
Our Managing Director Doug King and Director Kate Richards were waiting to greet His Royal Highness when he visited the factory. They were joined by the team of staff, the High Sheriff of Gloucestershire Countess Bathurst, Mayor of Yate Councillor Tony Davis and other invited guests.
Following a tour of the building, HRH presented Doug with an engraved cut glass bowl and Kate with the official Queen’s Award scroll. The royal visitor also hoisted the Queen’s Award flag up the newly installed flagpole.
“We’re extremely proud to have come so far so quickly with Bloccs,” said Director Kate Richards. “2016 has been a very exciting year for us and we’re now looking forward to expanding production and increasing sales globally.”
Previous news story | Next news story
- Don’t let a break spoil a break! Top tips for saving your family holiday…
- Our second visit to Buckingham Palace
- Look out for us at the American Orthopaedic Association meeting
- We’re going to the RCN congress
- We’ve won a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise!
- Bloccs proves perfect for Brae
- Bloccs’ range exhibited at US Orthopaedic Trauma Association meeting
- Family trip to Sri Lanka saved by Bloccs
- Thanking the NHS
- “One of the best travelled Bloccs’ protectors ever!”
- Summer success in Australia
- New Bloccs waterproof elbow protector
- An unusual donation
- Record sales and new retail outlet
- Bloccs saves the holiday
- A year on from the Queen’s Award and sales are booming
- Congratulations to our New Zealand competition winners!
- Lachlan achieves number one ranking!
- When a break can still mean a break!
- Bloccs to feature in the Middle East’s largest healthcare event
- Olympian Bloccs support
- Precision Dippings Manufacturing to showcase new product at Medica
- A royal visit and an ‘Oscar of the business world’
- A warm welcome to triathlete Gemma
- Not long now until our royal visit!